I am home with a bit of a head cold today and I don't even have enough energy to take pretty pictures. Perfect timing for me to participate in the 25 things linky party at Perfectly Imperfect!
1. I'm not one who full-out belly laughs at TV or movies, but The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men (when Charlie Sheen was still around) give me such chuckles, they are both an every day guilty pleasure here in our house.
2. I left the corporate world in 2006 when my Dad became terminally ill. I was able to spend some time with him before he died. Since then, I have been caring for my Mom who is chronically ill.
3. I used to love the color purple. As a matter of fact, my old boss called me perky purple Polly. Fortunately that purple phase has passed!
4. Cooking and baking are of no interest to me. But I have really been challenging myself over the past several months to get more into it.
5. My biggest vice is Coke. I've weened myself down to about half of one of the little 7.5 oz cans per day. Some days I fall off the wagon though!
6. I am planning to break down and get myself an IPhone this year. Especially before yard sale season starts, so I don't get lost so much!
7. My husband and I met in a bar when a friend of his came up and talked to us and told me he wanted to introduce me to his friend. He thought we would like each other.
8. We met that night in August, however, he did not ask for my phone number until several other chance encounters had taken place.
9. Our first date was New Years Day 1998.
10. We were afraid to fly anywhere for our honeymoon because it was so soon after 9/11. We made plans to road trip through New York and Vermont. He planned a different and unique bed and breakfast stay for each almost each night. It was so memorable and romantic!
11. Except the one night we had to stay at a national hotel chain. During my morning shower, the shower head fell off the wall and whacked me in the head.
12. I am newly obsessed with Ryka brand tennis shoes. I've never been much of a tennis shoe girl, but those Rykas are literally like walking on air!
13. I love macaroni and cheese. Definitely my comfort food.
14. Our pup Riley girl picked me. Literally. I was still working in a large corporate office setting back in 2004. The local Dog Shelter brought a couple of adoptable dogs in for a community event. At the end, I was sitting in a chair chatting with my legs crossed and my right leg was kind of sticking out. Suddenly, this scruffy mutt got loose from her leash and beelined over to me and popped her two front legs up on my leg! The Dog Shelter Director exclaimed "I think she just picked you!" I was smitten!
15. Later that night, we went to the shelter to be interviewed and learn more about the scraggly grey mutt. Turns out, she had had a pretty rough life and was considered "spaz", "untrainable" and "not house broken". The husband was not sold and, if I remember correctly, his quote was "if you adopt this dog, it is going to be YOUR dog and YOUR responsibility."
16. She did come home with ME. But she quickly won his heart over. He is smitten too!
17. My favorite part of not working a corporate job is that I can wear jeans every day and not just on Friday casual day!
18. I am at a point in life where I would love to move into a ranch home with one level of living. I hate lugging laundry up and down stairs.
19. My favorite commercial is the one for Mrs. Paul's fish sticks where the cute little girl is mad because her mom is feeding her minced fish. "Have you ever caught a minced fish?"
20. I love pens.
21. I do not drink coffee or tea. I have never stepped foot in a Starbucks!
22. I love it when it snows! I know I know. Don't hate on me, but I think it's beautiful and calming!
23. I recently took that right brain/left brain quiz and learned I'm more left than right. It was 53% left and 47% right.
24. I collect vintage letters.....scrabble, anagrams, old stencils, you name it. I have a file cabinet in my office dedicated to my letter collection.
25. I rented Contagion today. Probably not a good idea for someone who's home with a cold!!
That's enough randomness about me. Your turn!
Visit Perfectly Imperfect and join the fun!
~ keep dreaming ~
44 minutes ago